Saturday, April 23, 2011

10 Years....

"You know how the time flies, only yesterday was the time of our lives. We were born and raised in a summer haze, bound by the surprise of our glory days."
Adele's words hit pretty close to home for me right now. I just received information on my ten year high school reunion. That's right. TEN YEARS. It seems like yesterday I was living Hartsfield, Georgia and spending more time in a bathing suit than any other article of clothing. It's like I just blinked and was 28 years old...
And this, my friends, has been a very hard pill for me to swallow. Some people age so gracefully and peacefully. It appears that they continue each year of their lives and are so content. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. I guess part of me still feels like a reckless teenager...
When I make comments like this to some of my older and wiser colleagues, they laugh at me and say "Oh Grace, wait til your 40 year high school reunion. Then, you are allowed to feel old." Well, I kinda feel old at my ten year. And oh the pressure that comes with that feeling....the pressure of children, of retirement funds, of more life insurance, the pressure of whether or not I should start botox....haha, are you getting my stream of consciousness? 
Despite my resentment to getting older, I am looking forward to the reunion. I find myself flipping through my old yearbooks to look up friends and familiar faces. I may not be ecstatic about getting old, but I am very excited and curious to see how everyone turned out, to find out where they are and where they have been in this world...
CCHS class of 2001, I guess I will see you very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment